180 N Pecan Ct

GIlbert, AZ 85234




8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

What You Need to Know About 80% and 90% Furnaces

If you’re in the market for a new furnace, one of the most important decisions you’ll need to make is whether to choose an 80% furnace, or a 90%. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the differences between the two types of furnaces and discuss why it might be beneficial for you to invest in a 90% furnace.

What Is an 80% Furnace?
An 80% furnace is the most basic form of furnace available on the market. It is designed to provide heat by burning natural gas or propane. The name “80%” comes from its efficiency rating—it can convert up to 80% of the fuel it burns into heat, with the remaining 20% being lost as exhaust gases. An 80% furnace is typically less expensive than a 90%, but because it is not as efficient, it will cost more to operate.

What Is a 90% Furnace?
A 90% furnace is an upgraded version of an 80%. It has a higher efficiency rating—it can convert up to 90% of the fuel it burns into heat, with only 10% lost as exhaust gases. This means that while it may cost more upfront than an 80%, it will save money on energy bills in the long run. The higher efficiency also means that less energy is wasted and fewer pollutants are released into the atmosphere.

Which Should You Choose?
The decision between an 80% and a 90% furnace ultimately comes down to your budget and needs. If you are looking for something basic and inexpensive, then an 80%-efficiency model may be right for you. However, if your priority is saving money on energy bills in the long run, then investing in a higher-efficiency model like a Suttle Air product may be worth considering. 

When selecting a new furnace for your home or office space, there are many factors that must be taken into consideration—and one of those factors is whether or not to purchase an 80%, or 90%-efficiency model. While both types have their advantages and disadvantages, it ultimately comes down to budget and needs when choosing between them. Investing in a higher-efficiency model like Suttle Air’s products will save money on energy bills in the long run; however, if budget constraints are in place then opting for an 80%-efficiency model may still be beneficial depending on your needs and circumstances. Whichever option you decide upon, be sure that proper installation takes place so that your new system runs safely and efficiently as possible!

Ready to Schedule? Call now!

Give us a call today and let us know how we can help you! For all of your AC needs – Suttle Air is here to keep it cool! 

Our Services:

Duct Cleaning

It is advised to have your air ducts cleaned every two to four years, while in some circumstances every two to three-year interval would be ideal for upkeep.

AC Tune Ups

Our professional technicians can help you keep your AC in excellent working condition by catching any minor problems before they become major.

AC Installs

A great AC will keep your family comfortable during the hot days and sleep comfortably at night. If you need the best for AC installation, then you need the experts at Suttle Air.

AC Repairs

AC is vital for staying cool during night and day. If something happens to your AC unit, you do not need to deal with the heat. Just call us at Suttle Air.

© 2022 All rights reserved​ Suttle Air

ROC# 336760